Medical billing in dermatology is a very taxing and time-consuming practice. Physicians and healthcare organizations are hard pressed for time due to their busy schedule. It goes without saying that the core business of skin specialists and skin clinics is to attend to patients affected by skin diseases. So, it is not advisable for them to spend much time on dermatology medical billing. Many healthcare providers complain about time management as they can’t concentrate on both at the same time. Hence it is ideal for them to outsource dermatology medical billing to a reliable medical billing company. Medical billing services for dermatology are available for skin care hospitals, and individual dermatologists.
Main Dermatology Medical Billing Services Available
- Patient enrolment
- Insurance verifications
- Authorization verification
- Billing and reconciling of accounts
- Accounts receivable collections
Benefits of Outsourcing Medical Billing of Dermatology
Medical billing outsourcing can be efficiently done by a professional medical billing company. Skincare organizations and dermatologists can enjoy the following benefits:
- Highly experienced staffs: Good billing firms have experienced and trained coders who are well versed in all aspects of dermatology diagnostic and procedure codes. Those medical billing specialists generally have great knowledge in ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS coding system related to dermatology. They can also track underpayment for dermatology procedures.
- Accuracy and quality of service: Many firms with proficient staffs are keen to provide 99 percent accuracy in the billing records. They can appeal denied claims effectively and can answer any questions raised by the insurance provider. Moreover, these firms also do three levels of quality checks by experts to ensure utmost quality to the medical billing records of dermatology.
- Reduce costs while improving cash flows: By hiring medical billing companies, skincare organizations need not hire full time employees to manage billing. So they can reduce costs on hiring staffs, giving salaries and training. Bills are automated and doctors will receive payment regularly thereby increasing cash flow.
- HIPAA Compliant: Confidentiality and security are important for medical reports. Good firms strictly adhere to HIPAA guidelines and they ensure utmost security of medical billing records. They usually implement various security measures for file transfer such as FTP and browser based 256 bit encryption protocol.
- Affordability: Greatest advantage gained by outsourcing medical billing is affordability. Professional firms offer 30 to 40 percent cost saving on their services.
Find an Appropriate Service Provider
In order to avail all these benefits it is necessary that you team up with an experienced service provider. While selecting a medical billing company doing dermatology medical billing, it is also necessary to check the turnaround time they offer.