Tips for Creating User-friendly Medical Websites
- Unique pages for each procedure: Create your website with a page each for every treatment you provide. This is an ideal way to rank well for specific keywords related to each procedure. People most often search for treatments, typing in their condition such as “treatment for obesity”.
- Case studies and testimonials: Make sure to include testimonials from satisfied patients and case studies of the treatment you have provided and the effect of that treatment on patients. This is an effective way to showcase your services for patients who search for experienced physicians that can ensure a safe and effective procedure.
- Online patient registration forms: Allow patients to request an appointment with you through your website. Filling an online form will be much easier for them than making a call to your office. Here is a sample of the contact form that is simple but includes columns for all required information for your staff to contact the patients as soon as they receive the request.
- Focus on load time and navigation: Make sure your medical website designs load quickly. Too much time on loading heavy image websites may frustrate readers and they are more likely to click on the close button and move to the next website which features easier navigation.
- Display contact details: Your contact info should be easy to find. Ensure that your practice’s name, address and phone number appear on each page of your website, making your contact info easily accessible for potential patients.
- Go mobile: Mobile medical websites enhance user experience. More and more people are using Smartphones and tablets to browse. Make sure your website design is compatible with desktop as well as mobile devices.
- Multimedia: Multimedia features can provide a better experience to visitors. You can add patient education videos on certain procedures you provide and photo gallery with before and after surgery photos that will serve to increase patients’ confidence and trust in your treatment.
- FAQs: Create a Frequently Asked Questions page that contains questions your new as well as current patients are likely to ask and the answers for those questions.
- Invest in SEO: A well designed website with attractive features will not work unless potential patients are able to find it. To be visible on search engines, your website needs to be optimized. Ethical on-page and off-page strategies such as in-depth keyword research, unique content creation, link building, social media optimization and PPC ads can get increased web traffic to your website.
Being a medical professional, your valuable time should be spent on providing quality patient care. Reliable medical SEO services provide SEO based custom medical web designs that can increase your patient base, and improve conversion rates.